Low Season in Uruguay:
Tourism in Uruguay is no longer what it used to be, when December, January and February where the only vacation months for most people.
Among other reasons, this fact has changed because currently most travelers are looking for peace and quiet, getting away from large crowds, and, first and foremost, for bargain plane tickets, discount accommodation, rent promotions for cars and other vehicles, and the best prices in food, in most travel destinations.
Trying to cater for this trend, various destinations are making the utmost use of this time of the year, when tourist services are comparatively cheaper, so that tourists may enjoy their Spring Break in Uruguay at good prices.
For spring break in Uruguay, we recommend:
- Urban Tourism: Montevideo, the capital city- with a large variety of gorgeous green areas, shopping malls, museums, theatres, crafts markets, historic landmarks, etc.- very interesting places to visit, and at the same time a chance to sample the various local gastronomic options among which we highlight our “parrilladas” (grilled meats restaurants), with the best beef and lamb in the world.
- Natural Hot Spring Tourism, from this we highlight the hot springs in the departments of Paysandú and Salto, small resorts with their own hot springs which are beneficial for health, with top tier hotels and many services and entertainment for all ages.
- Wine Tourism and wine routes in Uruguay, with as many choices as wineries and vineyards there are in the country.
- Cultural Tourism, Colonia del Sacramento is one of the options, a typical seventeenth century Portuguese city which currently enchants thousands of tourists from around the globe for its well preserved architectural wealth, and has been declared UNESCO cultural heritage.
-Green Tourism, at this time of the year is focused in the department of Treinta y Tres, where you can visit Cerro Chato lagoon, Merín lagoon, “Quebrada de los Cuervos” (Ravens’ Creek) and “Quebrada de la Teja” (Tile Creek), the places we recommend for rest and direct contact with wildlife.
- Southern Right Whale Sightings- between the months of July and November southern right whales visit the coasts of Rocha, and are easily seen some 50 meters away from the shore.
- Rural Tourism, with a wide variety of agricultural and cattle-breeding establishments with beautiful “estancia” premises.
Uruguay offers everything: tempting prices, seductive bargains and promotions, together with more available destinations and personalized assistance than during the high season.
So, if you have already chosen one of Uruguay’s great choices for your Spring Break, optimize your decision and don’t miss the opportunity of having a great time, without the typical commitments of excursions or package-tours: design your own tour according to your preferences and possibilities!
Simply rent a car without a driver or if you are in a large party a good option may be renting a van, bus or mini bus with drivers fluent in three languages, who will drive you to a destination of your choice, respecting your times in each place for your greater enjoyment.
We prepare quotes for free and without commitments, you only have to contact us and we will present you a proposal catering for your needs and possibilities. And we won’t disappoint you!